Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fallen by Lauren Kate

fallen | lauren kate Pictures, Images and Photos

Let me start off with what I loved about this book. First of all, the cover is absolutely gorgeous and yes, that's important to me. Side note...I recently ordered a used copy of Wicked Lovely, thinking I could save a few bucks since I just bought my munchkin a car...EX-PEN-SIVE. Book arrived WITHOUT the dustjacket. Ya. I can't even read it. Gonna have to order a brand new copy and not make THAT mistake again. Uh huh, I know I'm a little crazy.
Anyway, back to what I loved about this book. There were many scenes that played out like a movie in my head, especially the last 100 or so pages. Big, dramatic gothic moments that kept my visualization skills on overtime and I loved every second of it.
And as far as characters go, I would have to say Cam was my favorite even though he wasn't the love interest of the story. He wasn't easy to figure out and had (And STILL has) a wonderful air of mystery about him. I want to know more about him, what makes him tick and what choices got him to where he is and where his decisions will ultimately take him.
The things I love about Cam kinda lead me to the things about this book that I DIDN'T love. Luce and Daniel, the main characters, just weren't that interesting to me. As a matter of fact, they kinda fell flat. I also have to admit the first 200 pages of this book went really slow for me. Not enough happened in the first half that was all that interesting. Luckily the last half more than made up for it with lots of action and, like I mentioned before, scenes that played out just beautifully in my imagination.
All in all, an enjoyable read and I am definitely looking forward to the next installment.

No comments: