Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Blogging Resolutions for 2011
With the year coming to a close soon, I've been thinking of New Year's resolutions and things I would like to accomplish in 2011, especially my goals for V&T...
1. I'm currently 2 books away from my 2010 goal of reading 52 books. For 2011, I would like to get to 100 books read. And to do this, I really need to get a little better with my time management. I admit it, I am a Facebook game junkie. But come New Year's day, no more Frontierville, Cityville, etc. etc. etc. I waste too much time that could be better spent reading. And to be perfectly honest, I think I need to cut back on the number of blogs in my reader. Or at least figure out a way to put them in some kind of order to make sure I'm not missing posts by my favorite bloggers.
2. I would like to have a little bit more of a regular schedule with my posts. I am off work on Fridays and Saturdays and I think it's best if I write my reviews on Friday and post them on Saturday. And if I happen to have an extra review for the week, I think Wednesday would be a good day to set it to post.
3. I'm not a meme girl. I know lots of people love them, but....shhhh....I hardly ever read them. I like reviews or posts that feature a single book so that's what I'm sticking with for my blog. I will continue to make New on My Shelf posts for new books that I get and I may start making posts for books that I am looking forward to, but I think I will leave it at that.
4. I don't want to waste time on books that I'm not loving. I read for the joy of it, and if a book isn't bringing me that joy then I'm not gonna feel guilty about setting it aside. There are just too many good books out there to spend time on the ones that aren't. And while we're at it, that also means I'm only going to say yes to review requests of books that I really, truly want to read. When I first started getting asked to review people's books, I was saying yes to everything just because I was so excited to be asked. But I've discovered this isn't fair to myself or to the authors and so I will learn to say no thank you...in a very nice way of course =)
5. I want to complete the challenges I have signed up for!
6. I seriously need to stay on top of updating my Currently Reading section in the sidebar...
7. I'd like to have more discussion type posts, I love hearing your thoughts and feedback on all things book related (and other things too) so I think I'll be making more posts asking for YOUR opinions.
8. And last but not least, I need to get a little notebook or something to jot down where I hear about books. There have been several times I have ordered books this year after reading another blogger's review and then I forget who it was. I wanna keep track so I can give credit to those bloggers in my reviews.
Do you guys have reading/blogging goals for the New Year? I would love to hear them!