Sunday, August 1, 2010

Top 5 Sunday


Hey everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. Today marked my first day back at work after a six day vacation...I was definitely having internet withdrawals!

Larissa over at Larissa's Bookish Life is hosting Top Five Sundays which I think is a really cool way to make the blog a little more personal and a great way to get to know other bloggers better. This Sunday's topic is Top 5 Movie Soundtracks, so here's mine =)

5. Queen of the Damned...lots of great music here. Favorite song on this one....hmmm....Down with the Sickness, love Disturbed =)









4. Grease...probably on almost EVERYBODY'S fave soundtrack list, but this one just never gets old for me. Plus, We Go Together was my 6th grade graduation song =)







3. Cats (OK, here is where you find out that I am a HUGE musical fan!) I saw this at The Pantages in Hollywood and it was amazing. My
favorite song from this one is Mr. Mistoffelees (and he is my favorite "cat" from the play as well. Along with Rum Tug Tugger.







2. Practical Magic...probably my favorite movie ever...I can't even tell you how many times I've watched this. Midnight margaritas! I love the aunt's house, I love Sally's herb shop, I love the little town...in my dream world that's all MY stuff! Fave song from this one would have to be Crystal by Stevie Nicks.





And #1 is The Lion King. My OTHER favorite movie ever. I was also lucky enough to see this musical live and it was MAGICAL. If you ever get the chance GO!! No way I can pick one favorite song from this one, I love the whole thing.

And yes, my honorable mentions would have been more Disney movie soundtracks...The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast...I adore all of those!


What are your favorite movie soundtracks? If you did this on YOUR blog, feel free to leave a link. And if not, feel free to list yours here in the comments.

{Coming tomorrow...review for The Freak Observer by Blythe Woolston}

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome list!!! I LOVE lion King's Soundtrack too!!! soooo amazing!!! =D

hmmmm dated a band member huh? cool! LOL

Angelique said...

It was VERY brief lol (but it was kinda cool =)

Rikki said...

Practical Magic sounds like a good film. I have never heard of it, must go and check it out.

SusanKMann said...

Great list. Practical Magic is my favourite film and book. Both pretty different from each other. x

Tales of Whimsy said...

Fun new layout!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Practical Magic!

Midnyte Reader said...

Down with the Sickness...yes, I agree.

I liked Practical Magic. I'll check out the soundtrack.

Angelique said...

@Rikki Oh yes, you HAVE to check it out, WONDERFUL movie!

@Susan Yes, very different. Did you read the book or see the movie first?

vvb32 reads said...

i love practical magic too! especially love both sandra and nicole.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.