Monday, July 5, 2010

New booty!

Hi all...hope everyone had an awesome holiday weekend! I had to work yesterday but did make it to our local sports park for an awesome fireworks display AND I got to try falafel, which I had never had before and it was quite delicious! For those of you don't know what that is (I didn't,) falafel is a kind of sandwich-y thing...lettuce, tomato, tahini sauce and deep fried ground garbanzo bean balls served up in pita bread. Better than it sounds lol =)

Anyway, after having received SO many books last week, I decided to skip a week in ordering and only picked up two new books. The first was borrowed from a co-worker: Insatiable by Meg Cabot.

Photobucket
Click on the cover to go to the Goodreads page. I'm reading this one right now and should have a review for you in a couple of days.

I also got Shadows in Summer by Crescent Varrone for review.


Photobucket


From Goodreads...

Plagued by dreams of her dead father, Katrina Nielsen returns to her native Denmark to face the ghosts of her past. After seven years in New York, sidelined by a career-ending injury, Katrina is determined to reunite her shattered family. But when she and her American husband, Richard, purchase Sound House, an ordinary-looking home overlooking the water, a series of weird events begins: inexplicable smoke and footsteps, a ghostly face at the window. After she is “pushed” down the cellar stairs by an unseen force, her charming (if slightly creepy) neighbor, Søren, convinces her that she is being haunted by the ghost of Karl Damsgaard, the original owner of Sound House. As the terrifying disturbances escalate, the desperate couple puts their faith in Rowena, a flamboyant psychic – which leads to the book’s tragic conclusion. Inspired by actual events, Shadows in Summer is a deliciously scalp-prickling tale that will haunt readers long after the final page.

Did you pick up any new books last week?? What did you get??


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Angelique! That Shadows in the Summer book sounds really like the thing I'm interested in. I hope to see a review of it by you soon so that I know if I should buy it or not!

As for what I picked up this week in books, mostly manga, which isn't a bad thing!

If you want to know the titles they are:

1) Nightmare Inspector

2) Yotsuba&!

3) Black Lagoon Vol. 9

Anyway, cool reads! Write on and read on!

P.S. Happy 4th of July!

Leanna Elle said...

I've heard so many good things about Insatiable! I've never read Meg Cabot though, so looking forward to your review.

I agree, falafel is yummy! Glad you enjoyed it! :-)

pearlslaceandruffles said...

Looking forward to the Meg review, a lot of my friends enjoy her books. xo

http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com/