Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tempest Rising

tempest rising | jane true book 1 Pictures, Images and Photos

Wow, I really loved this book!!!

First things first, yes, cutest cover EVER. It's the reason I bought the book (and ok, I felt an immediate bond cause we share the same hairstyle, I admit it.) But I was oh, so pleasantly surprised cause the inside of the book exceeded my expectations. Jane True, the heroine of this story, rocks. She is a pure delight and a joy to read. Humor is a hard thing to pull off in a book, but I can't tell you how many times I really laughed out loud while reading. Jane's inner monologue is hilarious. I mean, she actually refers to someone as "barnacle crotch." What's not to love? Plus she is a dork which I could totally relate to.

There were also some really unique supernatural characters to add to the mix. This book goes way beyond your everyday werewolves and vampires and THAT was fun too. The story was great and I care about Jane and what happens to her. Luckily, the next book in the series is due out at the end of the month and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Here's the book description from Amazon...

Living in small town Rockabill, Maine, Jane True always knew she didn't quite fit in with so-called normal society. During her nightly, clandestine swim in the freezing winter ocean, a grisly find leads Jane to startling revelations about her heritage: she is only half-human.

Now, Jane must enter a world filled with supernatural creatures alternatively terrifying, beautiful, and deadly- all of which perfectly describe her new "friend," Ryu, a gorgeous and powerful vampire.

It is a world where nothing can be taken for granted: a dog can heal with a lick; spirits bag your groceries; and whatever you do, never-ever-rub the genie's lamp.

Here also is a link to the author's blog...check her out, she's fun and outrageous and for a good time, check out Tempest Rising!!

http://www.nicolepeeler.com/

No comments: