Monday, April 5, 2010

City of Bones comic!

Just saw that City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is going to be adapted into a comic book/graphic novel series! AND the artist is a woman, Nicole Virella, which I think is fantastic. There is a whole untapped market out there just waiting for this kind of book. I know lots of girls (and women) who love YA and I know lots who love comics...the marriage of the two is long overdue! I know there have been many times I've been reading a book, like City of Bones or Beautiful Creatures, and thought to myself how incredible it would if it were also illustrated. I think the fans are going to eat this up!!

Here's what the cover for the free comic book day version is going to look like...

Photobucket

And yes, that means you can get issue #1 FREE! Free comic book day is the first Saturday in May. Call your local comic shop and ask if they will be participating!

No comments: