Saturday, September 5, 2015

Hello bookies!!!

So Blogger tells me I haven't posted here since 2011! If any of you are still around, thanks! I'm glad you stayed cause I've missed the blogging community and talking about books with all of you. I still keep track of my books over on Goodreads and leave ratings there and I talk about books on my personal Facebook page but not everyone there loves books as much as we do ;)

Part of the reason I drifted away was because I was feeling pressure from getting SO many review copies and review requests and being so grateful for them that I felt oh...obligated...to read and review. And that kinda sucked the joy out of reading for me. So. New policy here on the blog. I only say yes to review copies of books I really want to read. And I don't do negative reviews. Not that I'll give a positive review to a book I don't like, no...I just won't finish a book I don't like. If I'm not giving it at least 3 stars over on Goodreads, I'm not going to waste my time finishing it. Life is too short to read bad books. And I believe in "Promote what you love, not what you hate." So my posts will be positive. Doesn't mean I won't point out what kept a 3 star book from being a 5 star book for me, but it'll still be worth our time :)

WHAT I'M READING NOW

The Winter Girl by Matt Marinovich

(click the title ^^^ to get to Amazon to read a synopsis or order)



Ok, so it's not out until January 2016, but I got my (Kindle) review copy from NetGalley and couldn't wait to start reading. Review will come later :)

Til next time, why not leave me a comment and let me know what YOU'RE reading? I'd love to hear from you....



8 comments:

October Woman said...

Welcome back! The Winter Girl sounds interesting. I'm reading Please Release Me, by Rhoda Baxter, which I got from Netgalley. Sally is in a coma, and can hear people talking to her, and then suddenly during a storm she's in the room looking at her comatose self lying in the bed, and the only person who can see her is another woman named Grace, who has fallen for Sally's husband. I'm quite enjoying it so far.

Angelique said...

Thanks October Woman!
That sounds really interesting, I'm gonna head on over to Netgalley and look for that one!

Leanna Elle said...

Great to see you back. Your blog was always a fave of mine! And I hear you on review copy pressure/joy sucked out of reading - I think that happens to most bloggers at some point! :) I'm currently reading Edgewater by Courtney Sheinmel - I've only just started but I like what I've read so far!

Angelique said...

Hi!!!!!

I'll look that one up too....see, this is exactly the kind of thing I've missed....the community AND discovering new books :)

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Automatictellers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: {Automatictellers@gmail.com}

Visit our Website for more Info: automatictellers.webs.com
®

Jerome Samson said...

Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

Vampire said...

Become a vampire now and enjoy all the supernatural abilities. Join Gumbala of the 76th,practice transformation and shapeshifting. Contact Gumbala via email ( gumbalavampirehome@gmail.com )Do you want to be a vampire, are you tired of being human? A world of vampire where life get easier,we have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich,you will assured long life and prosperity,you shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, if you are interested contact Gumbala via ( gumbalavampirehome@gmail.com )